Apply to Edinboro


It's time to apply to Edinboro University and start your journey toward a rewarding career!

Edinboro follows a rolling admissions policy, with a November 1 early action deadline and March 1 priority deadline for admission and scholarship consideration. We make admissions decisions on completed applications within about two weeks after we receive all necessary materials. Applicants are usually informed of their admissions decision by email within a couple of days and by mail in approximately two to three weeks later.

If you are a high school student, you may apply any time after July 1 following your junior year. If you are a nontraditional adult student (more than two years out of high school), please submit a resume of employment history and activities since high school graduation or last attendance at another college, university, trade school, etc.

Fall 2022 applications will be available on July 1, 2021.

  July  1, 2021  July  1, 2021

How Do I Apply for Undergraduate Studies?

1. Apply online.

Apply with Edinboro University's Direct Application

Begin your application to Edinboro by clicking on the button above. You will then be prompted to create an account with us prior to completing your application.


Apply Using the Common Application

2. Be sure SAT/ACT are sent (optional for 2022 admission and scholarship consideration).

Each applicant for admission should consider completing either the SAT or the ACT. Students may request to have their SAT or ACT scores sent directly to Edinboro University or posted on their high school transcript. When registering for either exam, please use the following codes:

Edinboro University’s SAT code: 2651

Edinboro University’s ACT code: 3702

Transfer students must meet the regular admissions requirements, including submitting satisfactory scores from the SAT or the ACT taken while still in high school (if available), Students who have completed one full semester at another college prior to Edinboro do not need to take the SAT or ACT test.

3. Ask your high school to send us your high school transcripts.

You must request an official high school transcript from your guidance counselor and have it forwarded directly from the high school to the Edinboro University Admissions Office. Students who received a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) must forward their score report and an official high school transcript, up to the point of withdrawal, to the Edinboro University Admissions Office:

Edinboro University
Undergraduate Admissions Office
200 E. Normal St.
Edinboro, PA 16444

4. Submit your transfer transcripts.

If transferring from another college or university, you must have final official transcripts, which include final grades for the most recent courses scheduled, sent to the Edinboro University Admissions Office. An evaluation of previously completed courses and credits will be conducted by Edinboro University to determine the number that will be transferable and counted toward graduation from Edinboro. The Admissions Office will also verify prior enrollment history through the National Student Clearinghouse for all incoming students.

5. Have you taken Advanced Placement (AP) exams?

Edinboro University awards college credit for some Advanced Placement (AP) exams. Official AP scores should be submitted directly to:

Office of Undergraduate Admissions
200 E. Normal St.
Edinboro, PA 16444

Generally, credit will be awarded based on the list of College Entrance Examination Board AP equivalencies for Edinboro University.

For questions about AP credit practices, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 814-732-2761 or email

Contact Us

Undergraduate Admissions Office
Academy Hall
200 E. Normal Street
Edinboro, PA 16444
Phone: 814-732-2761